miércoles, mayo 21

back to the bus

we have traveled so much by bus ( godnes! so much! all along Argentina and even a bit of Bolivia!) that even the smell now makes me cringe
but off we went - to Camilo Aldao , a tiny village in La Pampa where they eat plenty of meat and sleep extremely long siestas

we spent our saturday there with my friend Silvia and her daughter Catalina - I worked with her as a postman in Madrid before I moved to Ireland - plenty of stories to remember and lots of catching up to do



plenty of reading and tranquility for Sam


and on Suday we headed to Rosario, a lovely city by the river Parana


this is the Museum of Modern Art, closed


so we walked along the river on a great summer's day,
beautiful!




5 comentarios:

Paddy dijo...

Great pictures...I like that museum.
Sam looks very relaxed.
Have to hear more about that Madrid postman job....

Ciara Brehony dijo...

I LOVE these pictures! So nice to see old friends isn't it? Looks like you had a lovely time.

Triskill Design dijo...

what does a vegetarian do in argentina - is it possible to survive!?

I envy sam his reading time.....Jay

Andrew Judge dijo...

That's a great picture of Sam. That apartment looks elegant every time you photograph it. It reminds me of old hotel rooms I've stayed in Rome or Venice. Echoing silence and the feel of cool marble underfoot...

Emma dijo...

I remember you telling me about your friend Silvia. That's so wonderful that you caught up with her in her home country!

Ah yes, the bus journey's in SA...